Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve or We've Come to the End

Well dear viewers, we've made it.

365+ photos posted every day over the span of one year. Some photos I'm very proud of. Others were, admittedly, done in haste and so, probably not very good. Ce' la vie.

I've learned a lot from this project. Such as:


- I take a lot of pictures of Sponge, my roommate's cat. In fact, I took/take photos of lots of friend's cats.
- I often fought the urge to take a photo of the same thing over and over. (Excluding the many photos of Sponge, of course.)

- When I was truly happy, I posted more than one photo because there were just too many to choose from. Which is not a bad problem to have, if you ask me.
- Some photos were never taken due to the privacy of my loved ones, and so you instead got to see photos of buildings and graffiti.

- I traveled a lot this year. More than I have in recent years.

- My loved ones are very precious to me and it saddened me on the days where I wanted to take their picture, but I couldn't simply because we weren't in the same city.

- Chicago is a great town to photograph.

- I make. A lot. Of. Stuff.

- My boyfriend rocks my socks off.

- I now look at everything as a potential photograph.

- I never got up the nerve to ask a stranger to pose for me. Damn it.

- As a result of the above point, I became pretty good at being sneaky with my little camera.

- I saw and did a lot of theatre, which I am so thankful for. :)

- I went to many concerts.

- Sometimes you can't deny the moment when a perfect shot presents itself so you must grab it by the lapels and say, "C'mon kid. Let's go!"

- I got to reconnect with old friends.

- There are lots of random notes, Post Its and stickered up quotes around this city.

- I cooked a lot. Most of which were new recipes.

- When you're surrounded and surprised by the ones you love any year is a great year for turning 30.
(This just happened to be my year.) :)

While I don't think I can handle snapping and posting a picture a day for a second year in a row, I plan on continuing this blog for future photographs. Perhaps I'll focus on themes. Or maybe I'll get up the nerve to ask strangers to let me take their picture. Who knows? Sometimes the unknown is neat. :)


Thank you 2010 for this fun experiment/experience. It's been a gas.


*M*
December 31st, 2010:
New Year's Eve at Barb and Lisa's








1 comment:

  1. M
    You have inspired me and, as I mentioned on your FB page, I'm stealing it for 2011.

    http://phlog-a-day.blogspot.com/

    Tony

    ReplyDelete